Inspiration by Innovation TAVA Award
2018 Nomination Deadline extended to May 11
Please send nominations to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The purpose of the annual Inspiration by Innovation award is to recognize a TAVA member who has made significant impact in volunteer engagement. The award recipient is someone who has influenced positive change, and has inspired colleagues in the sector by developing innovative approaches or practices that strengthen volunteer engagement in their organization or community.
TAVA membership and colleagues across the non-profit sector are invited each year to nominate a colleague who deserves this special recognition.
1. Nominees for the TAVA Inspiration by Innovation award must be current TAVA members in good standing.
2. Nominations for the Inspiration by Innovation award may be completed by TAVA non-members.
3. No self-nominations will be considered for the award.
4. Current members of the Awards committee and the TAVA Executive are ineligible for nomination.
5. No posthumous awards will be given.
6. Nominee activities must have had an impact in the wider community.
7. Nominees will not be considered if they have received an award within the last two years.
8. Nominator and nominee references must not be immediate relatives of the nominee.
Award Guidelines and Dates
All nominations must include the following documentation:
● Description of the innovation and its originality in the volunteer engagement field.
● Was the innovation a new concept or a variation of an existing idea?
● Was the innovation developed independently or in cooperation with others?
● What was the impact of the innovation?
● Was there a measurable benefit to users (e.g. volunteer engagement professionals and practitioners)?
● Was there a unique feature/benefit because the project was delivered by volunteers?
4. List of two (2) professional references familiar with the nominee's achievements, including name, title, address, phone number, and email.
● Can this innovation be applied in other community groups?
● Time developing and implementing the innovation.
● Geographic range of contributions impact (i.e., local, national, international)
The Inspiration by Innovation Award recipient will be announced at TAVA’s Annual General Meeting each June.