Inspiration by Innovation TAVA Award
Application for Innovation Award - click here.
The purpose of the annual Inspiration by Innovation award is to recognize a TAVA member who has made significant impact in volunteer engagement. The award recipient is someone who has influenced positive change, and has inspired colleagues in the sector by developing innovative approaches or practices that strengthen volunteer engagement in their organization or community.
TAVA membership and colleagues across the non-profit sector are invited each year to nominate a colleague who deserves this special recognition.
1. Nominees for the TAVA Inspiration by Innovation award must be TAVA members in good standing.
2. Nominations for the Inspiration by Innovation award may be completed by TAVA non-members.
3. No self-nominations will be considered for the award.
4. Nominees must have been TAVA members for at least one year.
5. Current members of the Awards committee and the TAVA Executive are ineligible for nomination.
6. No posthumous awards will be given.
7. Nominee activities must have had an impact in the wider community.
8. Nominees will not be considered if they have received an award within the last 2 years.
9. Nominator and nominee references must not be immediate relatives of the nominee.
Award Guidelines and Dates
1. Nominees must be informed to be nominated for the Award prior to their nomination.
2. The award should be given only to one recipient. In case of a tie between two candidates, the award will be given to the candidate with more seniority in the volunteer engagement field.
3. In case of disagreement, a decision from the Awards Committee will prevail.
4. The Awards Committee retains the right to refrain from selecting an award recipient in years where nominations do not meet standards determined by the committee.
5. Award nominations will be accepted each year between the February TAVA Conference date and April TAVA Meeting date. In 2018, awards will be accepted between February 8 and April 12.
6. Award nominations should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Inspiration by Innovation Award Nomination
7. Award nominees and recipients, must consent TAVA to utilize any photos, videos, or written content related to the award in TAVA press releases, on the TAVA website, and for TAVA promotional materials.
All nominations must include the following documentation:
● Description of the innovation and its originality in the volunteer engagement field.
● Was the innovation a new concept or a variation of an existing idea?
● Was the innovation developed independently or in cooperation with others?
What was the impact of the innovation?
● Was there a measurable benefit to users (e.g. volunteer engagement professionals and practitioners)?
● Was there a unique feature/benefit because the project was delivered by volunteers?
● Can this innovation be applied in other community groups?
● Time developing and implementing the innovation.
● Geographic range of contributions impact (i.e., local, national, international)
4. List of two (2) professional references familiar with the nominee's achievements, including name, title, address, phone number, and email.
The Inspiration by Innovation Award recipient will be announced at TAVA’s Annual General Meeting each June.