What is the Toronto Association for Volunteer Administration (TAVA)?
The Toronto Association for Volunteer Administration (TAVA) is a professional association that exists to provide support to Administrators, Coordinators and Managers of volunteers within the Greater Toronto Area (GTA). TAVA is comprised of your peers: a team of supportive colleagues who recognize the important work we do and who assist each other in dealing with the challenges associated with the profession.
TAVA provides professional development for its members through educational events, networking, mutual support and raising awareness of the importance of volunteerism in the community.
September 2015– June 2016
1. Networking Opportunities:
- Maintain a membership of 80
- Provide an informal break time at each monthly meeting
- Organize a "Give and Get session" once per year
2. Advocating for Volunteerism & Professional Development:
- Provide an education Bursary for members in good standing
- Provide reduced (50% less) membership to unemployed members in the field
- Provide free membership to students enrolled in volunteer management/engagement programs
3. Resources and Tools:
- Host monthly workshops with a minimum of 20 attendees at each workshop
- Host a full-day Professional Development Workshop with a minimum of 50 attendees
- Have a minimum of 25 attendees at the AGM
4. On-Line Presence:
- Maintenance of website and other online networks
TAVA is based on a membership program, however guests are always welcome! There is an Executive Committee that is responsible for the main planning and programming of events. TAVA also has sub-committees that allow us to fulfill our mission (such as the Bursary Committee, Resources Committee, etc.). The TAVA Executive Committee consists of the following positions: President, Past President, Program Chair(s), Membership Chair, Treasurer, Web Master, Secretary and Social Media Coordinator.
How to Get Involved
Are you interested in becoming a member?
As a member of TAVA, your yearly membership includes:
See the Become a Member section for more information!
Are you interested in attending a workshop or the conference?
Check out the calendar of events for the exact meeting dates and workshop topics.